About Nativy Translations
Founded in 2011, Nativy is an online translation agency, headquartered in Vienna, offering professional translation, proofreading, and localization services for over 500 language combinations and 53 areas of expertise including engineering, legal, marketing, and IT.
Might this be of interest? If so, we’d be delighted to do a live demo of our system for you and your company. Get in touch with us at [email protected]!
Nativy’s services are provided by over 2800 professional translators and linguists from 67 countries, all of whom are vetted and constantly evaluated as per the requirements of EU standard. As per this norm, all translators must have either a graduate degree in translations; a graduate degree in the language plus two years’ experience; or 5 years’ experience translating in the industry and subject area.
Nativy’s vetting process goes above and beyond that specified by ISO. All new translators undergo a 2-month long probation period before they appear to clients on the platform. During this period, new translators are paired with our quality control proofreaders, and their work is evaluated across our 6 core criteria. Only after they successfully pass the probation period, do we start working with them.
Nativy is proud to count university professors, lawyers, scientists and other industry experts among its translators. All translators translate exclusively into their native language and localize content to match the language and culture of the target region or country.
Project Management powered by our Proprietary Software
Our proprietary software including our translator algorithm, online portal, and alarm-based quality control system allow an automated seamless workflow from start to finish, and step-by-step monitoring of every order.
Automized tracking and notifications ensure that human operators–translators, project managers, and our quality control team–are notified the moment an order is off-schedule or needs undue attention. Our project management team is therefore able to intervene exactly when needed.
Customer Support – 6 am to 12 am (midnight) CET every day of the year
We are a fully automized online service but pride ourselves in our great customer service. Our customer service team is available on the phone, live chat, and email to answer all your queries and special requests everyday from 6 am to 12 am (midnight) CET including on weekends and holidays.Contact
Product & Engineering
Nativy is a technology company as much as it is a translation agency. Our Product and Engineering teams are constantly working on optimizing the online portal, introducing new features requested by clients, tweaking our algorithms, and incorporating the latest in translation technologies. Our engineering team is also available to customize Nativy for your needs, and to deploy our Rest API for integration with your CMS, DAM, PIM, ERP or other software systems.
Security & Privacy
At Nativy we understand the importance of proprietary information and have several measures in place to ensure that your content is secure and handled with confidentiality. All transactions on nativy.com are conducted on a secure https line. Nativy is hosted on Microsoft Azure, and all files are stored on the Windows Azure Cloud. Nativy is fully compliant with GDPR. Please click here for more information.
Our Key Advantages
Easy order process available 24/7
- Instant quotes on price and delivery; 3 clicks to order
- 500 language combinations; 53 areas of expertise
- Professional translators from 67 countries who translate exclusively into their native language
- Additional services like DTP, copywriting, SEO, express delivery, apostilles, etc.
Department- or company-wide order management
- Online overview and tracking of all your orders
- Shared department-wide access to orders
- We build you a custom team of translators
- All users always work with the same translators
- Direct contact with translators over our chat
- You can rate translations and upload feedback; we automatically update your TM and glossary
Project management & quality control by our proprietary software
- Fully automated workflow from placing an order to delivery
- Automatic notifications to translators, proofreaders, project managers
- Step-by-step monitoring and tracking of every order
- Internal quality rating on 6 criteria for every standard order
- Automatic alarms when delivery off-schedule or quality insufficient
Company-wide translation memory, terminology database, and style guide
- We automatically build and use your company-wide translation memory (TM), terminology database (glossary), and style guide with every order
- Clients can access their terminology database at any time
- All translators work in SDL Trados Studio and SDL Multi Term
- Nativy can build on top of your existing TM and glossary
- Translators automatically use the most up-to-date version of your TM and glossary with every order
- Discounts for fuzzy matches/repetitions and faster delivery based on TM
Efficient invoicing and billing
- Automatic invoice generation and sending to your billing department
- Choose from multiple billing addresses in order process
- Cumulative invoicing by department or company-wide
- Direct integration with SAP or ERP systems possible
- Quarterly reports on order volume and pricing upon request
Easy integration with other software systems (CMS, PIM, DAM, etc.)
- Our Restful API and iFrame can easily be integrated into various software systems
- API documentation
- Ready-to-use integration for WordPress through the WPML plugin
- Direct export/import of content without any manual effort
Easy Transition from SDL or other TMS to Nativy’s Cloud Solution
- Nativy is fully compatible with SDL, Across, and other TMS software and file formats
- Simply upload your existing translation memory and termbase and we’ll automatically use and expand these with every order
- Our online sign up process is very simple and takes just a few minutes
- No monthly fees, fixed costs or license purchase needed; you only pay per order
- Multiple departments can collaborate using Nativy’s Groups function, and automatically share the same translators, translation memory, and glossary
Express delivery and great customer service
- Express delivery as fast as 2 hours on request
- We’re an online service but pride ourselves in our great customer service
- Dedicated project manager and customer service manager for your company
- Direct chat with translators and proofreaders regarding content-based questions
- Personal customer support over the phone and email from 6 am to 12 am (midnight) CET everyday including on weekends and holidays
Our Translation with Proofreading process for high-quality translations – 6-eye-principle + 3x proofreading + internal rating and quality control
Our translation with proofreading process goes above and beyond that required by EU standard and consists of 6 steps, i.e. 4 steps more than what is required by the “4-eye-principle.”
At Nativy, each document is proofread 3 times by 2 professional translators who are native speakers. Our project management team, aided by our proprietary alarm-based quality control system, monitors every step of the process. The system automatically notifies translators and project managers if anything is behind schedule, off-track, or of unsatisfactory quality.
- Step 1 – Translation by the 1st translator: Translator translates the document in SDL Trados Studio with the help of your company-wide TM and glossary. All matching phrases and words are reviewed by the translator in the context of the new translation to ensure appropriate usage.
- Step 2 – Proofreading by the 2nd translator: The proofreader proofreads the document, and makes corrections, edits, and suggestions for improvement.
- Step 3 – Internal rating and quality control (Nativy Bonus): The proofreader is then required to rate the translation across 6 criteria including grammar, style, and accuracy.
If the translation receives low ratings on any of the criteria, an automatic alarm goes off and project managers intervene to investigate the order. A third quality-control translator is incorporated to settle any disputes.
- Step 4 – Direct contact between 1st and 2nd translator (Nativy Bonus): The translator and the proofreader are in direct contact on our platform to discuss any open questions regarding the translation.
Clients and translators are also in direct contact through the chat, so translators can easily ask clients content-related questions.
- Step 5 – Final revision by the 1st translator (Nativy Bonus): The translator incorporates the feedback of the proofreader, reviews the document one more time, and then finalizes it for delivery to the client. After this step, the translator updates the company-wide TM, and makes suggestions for new entries into the glossary, which are sent to the client on a monthly basis for review.
- Step 6 – Client Feedback: Upon completion, clients have the option of rating the translation across 6 criteria including style and accuracy. You can also upload corrections in your Nativy account or request changes of the translation. All changes are automatically reviewed by the translator and incorporated in the TM and glossary.