Important information regarding the GDPR
The new Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), came into effect on the 25th of May 2018. The GDPR applies to all organisations that control or process personal data, which is why Nativy GmbH is also preparing for full compliance with the GDPR. This involves the following steps:
- We have amended the General Terms & Conditions for clients and translators to ensure that every order is awarded under GDPR compliant conditions. See here for full details.
- In order to minimise inconvenience to our clients and translators, you can read and confirm the newly amended General Terms & Conditions online the next time you log in. We will also be happy to send you a pdf file for your records.
- We already keep records of data processing activities pursuant to Article 30 (1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We have deleted all unnecessary data, and these can no longer be entered. For example, clients and translators used to have the option of entering their date of birth in the settings. This option no longer exists, and we have deleted all dates of birth.
- From mid May 2018 under the “Data Protection” tab in the Settings section of your profile, you can choose whether your picture and/or your first name is visible in the translator-client chat. It is of course much easier (and more human) for translators and clients to communicate with each other, if all parties have a name and a face to associate with the person on the other end.
- Under the “Data Protection” tab of the Settings section of your profile, you can also request a report detailing all the personal data that you have provided us with, and the data that we have saved about you and that can be accessed by us.
- As in the past, we will send out only a very few newsletters, every 2 to 3 months. You can unsubscribe at the bottom of every newsletter or under the “Data Protection” tab of the Settings section of your profile.
If you have any questions, please contact the Nativy team via [email protected]. We will be happy to answer any questions!