Quality Control and Special Needs
6.1 Who are your translators?
Nativy works exclusively with experienced professional translators. All our translators are native-speakers of the language into which they translate. Our 3000+ professional translators translate in 500+ language combinations, live in 63 countries, and specialize in various fields including tourism/hospitality, fashion, law, banking, insurance, engineering, IT, and construction among others.We individually vett each translator’s references and qualifications before they are allowed to work with us. We do not work with students, bilinguals, or others who do not translate professionally. Most of our translators live in the country/area to which the language is native, and are therefore able to not only translate content, but also properly localize it.
6.2 How do you ensure that translations are of high quality?
In addition to working exclusively with experienced professional translators who translate into their native language, our 3-step translation process includes a quality control mechanism.
- Unless you choose otherwise, two professional translators (one translation + one proofreader) work on each order.
- After the content is translated, the second professional translator proofreads it and discusses revisions with the translator. The proofreader and translator are in direct contact through the chat function.
- After this process, the proofreader rates the translation based on five criteria. If the translator does not get good reviews, we send it to yet another professional translator for review.
6.3 I need a translator that is specialized in my industry or field. How can I get that?
We request you to do two things to ensure this: (1) Add comments in the “special instructions” section while placing the order; and (2) Enter this preference in your settings
- Add comments in the “special instructions” section
How to make “industry-specific translations” an important criteria in your settings
- Pick your languages, upload your content, and click on Order now.
- Then, in the Special instructions section, add a comment on your industry-specific needs. Proceed to checkout as usual.
- Complete the order and click on Pay Now!
- Click on Settings in the main menu. Under Priorities you will see the “Industry-specific translation” button.
- Move the blue button to the right, and click on Save settings. Then, proceed with your order.
6.4 My company uses special vocabulary. How do you incorporate that?
You are welcome to upload a glossary of terms. Our translators will use it and add to it while translating for you.
- To upload a glossary, click on Settings and then on Glossary.
- Upload your glossary, and then click on Save settings.
6.5 What if I need a translation faster?
In most cases we are able to deliver faster if need be. Simply contact us with your request. You can contact us through the chat room, email, or the contact form.